The end of the NBA regular season is now very much in sight, with the final few games for each team all about securing a playoff of play-in spot. That will all be decided over the course of the next few days, but for now, we can take a look at the current NBA Power Rankings to get an idea of how things look after 20 weeks of the season. As we always do, let’s get a closer look at the top and bottom 5 so you can continue making your bets against their NBA odds.
2021 NBA Week 21 Power Rankings Update
- Phoenix Suns – For now, the Phoenix Suns have the top spot in the NBA Power Rankings, after making the leap from the #3 spot last week. This may be short-lived, though, as there are a couple of teams who are getting hot at the right time.
- Philadelphia 76ers – The hottest team in the league right now is the 76ers, who are currently on an 8-game winning streak. As the Nets continue to struggle with injuries, the 76ers have opened up a 3-game lead atop the Eastern Conference.
- Denver Nuggets – The Nuggets move into the top 5 in Week 20 after finishing in 6th last week. They have cooled off a little, though, and have now lost back-to-back games. They will almost certainly be in the top 4 in the West, so home court advantage in Round 1 is guaranteed.
- Brooklyn Nets – The Nets have seen injuries, specifically to James Harden, upset their season a little, but word is that he will be back for the playoffs. They may be dropping in the rankings, but this team is still a legit championship threat.
- LA Clippers – The Clippers are down in 3rd in the West and are likely going to land there, but again, this is another team that could potentially be dangerous. They are tied for the most wins against conference foes, which bodes well for the postseason.
- Detroit Pistons – The Pistons remain in the same spot as they did last week, but they may be ready to drop a spot or two, as they have now lost 2 in a row and have gone just 2-8 in their last 20 games, all of which keeps them last in the East.
- Houston Rockets – The Rockets, who are fully entering a rebuilding mode, will finish the season with the worst record in the NBA. They have lost 5 in a row now and look like a team just waiting on the season to end.
- Orlando Magic – There has not been a lot of changes in the bottom 5 this week, although the Magic did manage to creep up a spot in the rankings. They are on a 3-game losing skid, so they may end up back where they were last week.
- Cleveland Cavaliers – It has been an absolutely disastrous second half of the season for the Cavaliers, who are now on a 10-game losing skid that has taken them all the way to second bottom in the East.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – The Thunder have also been losing games at an alarming rate in the closing weeks of the season. The run that they are currently on has seen them lose 7 in a row, with just 11 wins against conference foes all season long.
NBA Betting News
- Thursday NBA On TNT Betting Parlay: Lakers-76ers, Timberwolves-Warriors
- Wednesday NBA Parlay Picks: Bucks-Cavs, Knicks-Heat
- NBA 2022 Power Rankings Betting Update: Suns Still at #1, Memphis Drop to #3
- NBA Playoffs Betting Predictions: Odds Favorites, Possible Upsets & Dark Horses
- NBA Championship Odds Update: Perfect Finals Match Betting Fans Will Like to See