Buffalo and Pittsburgh would be the AFC’s two Wild-Card teams as things stand, and because Bills-Steelers is one of the most important games of Week 15 it was flexed into the Sunday night window. The Steelers are home favorites on the Mybookie NFL odds. This is only the second Sunday night game in Bills history and first since 2007.
How to Bet Bills vs Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 8:20 PM ET
- Where: Heinz Field
- TV: NBC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 15 Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -2 (Total 36.5)
Bills vs Steelers Last MeetingFirst meeting since Week 14 of the 2016 season when the Steelers prevailed 27-20 at home. Le’Veon Bell scored three times and set a franchise record with 236 yards rushing. Bell also had 62 yards receiving to account for 298 of the 460 yards gained by Pittsburgh. Of course, he’s with the Jets now.
The Steelers overcame three interceptions thrown by Ben Roethlisberger. The Bills combined for seven first downs and 87 yards net offense on their first nine possessions. Tyrod Taylor finished 15 of 25 for 228 yards with two touchdowns and an interception.
Why Bet on Buffalo?One interesting fact of this game is that Pittsburgh running back Trey Edmunds, 24, and safety Terrell Edmunds, 22, will square off against their brother, Bills linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, 21. It’s believed to be the first known NFL game in 92 years with three brothers on the same field. The last time it is believed to have occurred was the end of the 1927 season when Joe, Cobb and Bill Rooney played for the Duluth Eskimos. In the 2018 NFL Draft, Tremaine (No. 16, Buffalo) and Terrell (No. 28, Pittsburgh) became the first pair of brothers to be selected in the first round of the same draft.
Buffalo had a three-game winning streak end in a 24-17 home loss to red-hot Baltimore last Sunday. Still, the Bills played well as the Ravens’ high-powered offense was mostly held in check. Baltimore was held to a season-low 257 yards, and punted seven times for an offense that entered the game with just 24 punts on the season. Thanks to an improved pass rush and one of the NFL’s top secondaries, Buffalo is difficult to throw the ball against, allowing just 195 passing yards per game.
Playoffs PictureDespite the loss, the Bills are still in control of their playoff future as they continue to hold down the first of the AFC’s two wild-card spots. Josh Allen completed 17-of-39 passes for 146 yards and a touchdown, adding two carries for nine additional yards. Allen also lost a fumble and took a season-worst six sacks. Both his passing and rushing totals were his lowest of the year.
Rookie tailback Devin Singletary rushed 18 times for 89 yards, adding six receptions for 29 additional yards. The 118 yards from scrimmage were Singletary’s second most of the season, while his 38-yard rumble in the fourth quarter was his longest as a pro. John Brown caught 3-of-8 targets for 26 yards. The team’s No. 1 receiver is now averaging just 30 yards over his past three. Cole Beasley caught 4 passes for 29 yards and a touchdown. Beasley also committed a drop but Beasley has now scored in three straight games.
- Points per Game: 21.08
- Passing Yards: 206.62
- Rushing Yards: 135.31
- Yards per Play: 5.29
- Points per Game: 16.31
- Passing Yards: 191.38
- Rushing Yards: 105.38
- Yards per Play: 4.85
Why Bet on Pittsburgh?Last Sunday, Pittsburgh rookie quarterback Devlin Hodges led the Steelers to a 23-17 win over the Arizona Cardinals, marking his third career win in his third-career start. Hodges completed 16-of-19 passes for 152 yards and one touchdown, adding 34 yards rushing.
With a win against Buffalo, Hodges would tie Virgil Carter (four wins in 1968) and Phil Simms (four in 1979) for the third-longest streak of wins by a rookie quarterback to begin a career in the Super Bowl era (1966-present). Additionally, with a win, Hodges would become the first undrafted rookie quarterback to win each of his first four starts in the common draft era (1967-present).
James Washington caught all four of his targets for 33 yards vs. Arizona, while Diontae Johnson caught 6-of-8 targets for 60 yards and a touchdown. He was singlehandedly responsible for 14 of Pittsburgh’s 23 points, slicing through several arm tackles for an 85-yard punt return before hauling in a back-shoulder fade from Hodges to give the Steelers a 20-10 lead heading into the fourth quarter. Johnson covered 126.9 yards of total distance in the 85-yard return. It was the most distance by a single player in Week 14 and 4th most distance for a player this season.
Some InjuriesTop running back James Conner and No. 1 receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster have both missed multiple games due to injury but may return this week. Coach Mike Tomlin said that he won’t worry about workload distribution among Pittsburgh’s running backs until Conner’s cleared and Jaylen Samuels’ (groin) status is determined. Smith-Schuster hasn’t played or practiced since injuring his knee in Week 11.
Pittsburgh is one of only four teams without a single 400-yard game on offense all year. The other three teams (Washington, Indianapolis, Denver) all have losing records and are a combined 14-25. Het the Steelers are winning regardless. They have taken seven of their past eight after an 1-4 start — one of the hottest winning streaks of the Tomlin era, which includes two Super Bowl teams.
- Points per Game: 19.92
- Passing Yards: 195.46
- Rushing Yards: 94.69
- Yards per Play: 4.93
- Points per Game: 18.62
- Passing Yards: 209.77
- Rushing Yards: 101.23
- Yards per Play: 4.82
Bills vs Steelers NFL Betting Trends
- Steelers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Steelers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Buffalo
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
- Bills are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- Bills are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC North division
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Buffalo’s last 5 games this season
Expert Final Score Prediction for Bills vs SteelersBuffalo Bills 13 – Pittsburgh Steelers 19
More Week 15 NFL Betting News
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Week Fifteen DFS Picks (Ep. 641)
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 15 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- NFL Week 15 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Jaguars Cover the Huge Week 15 NFL Spread Against Texans?
Even More Bills vs Packers Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Betting Analysis
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Steelers 15 vs Bills 26 Result NFL Week 14 Sunday Night Football Score
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills Opening Spreads and Betting Trends December 13, 2020
- Updated AFC Playoff Picture: Chiefs Remain Team To Beat
- NFL Trade Deadline: 3 Contenders Get Defensive Help
- NFL Week 8 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 8 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 7 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 6 O/U Picks Expert Analysis