The battle for playoff spots in the NFL is always fun to watch, but it seems as though it is even more so this season. It is becoming obvious that we are going to need to go all the way down to the final week to figure out who is in and who is out. We did see a couple of teams clinch this past weekend, but even for those teams, there is still a level of uncertainty about where they will be seeded. Given the quality of the teams likely to be in the postseason, landing a bye in the opening week of the playoffs is an absolute must, as is home field advantage.
One thing that we do know for sure is that the winner of the NFC East is going to be in as the #4 seed, such is the current state of that division. Both the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles are sitting at 6-7, although the Cowboys hold the tiebreaker. The Eagles will look to maintain the pressure on the leaders with a win on the road in Washington this weekend against the Redskins. Philly is in as a 6-point favorite, with the point total set at 40 ½.
Eagles vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- When: Sunday, December 15 at 1 PM EST
- Where: FedEx Field, Landover
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 15 Lines: Philadelphia Eagles -6 (Total 40.5)
Why bet on the Philadelphia Eagles?
The NFC East appears to be the division that no team wants to win, although the Eagles may have changed that opinion with a gritty performance on Monday night. They looked to be dead and buried at home to the New York Giants, but a big 4th quarter saw them force OT, where they eventually came up with the win. It was by no means a pretty showing, but it was a victory that they needed to stay alive.
Still, the Eagles need to keep the wins coming, especially having lost to Dallas earlier in the season. They have the Cowboys again next week, so the Eagles are in if they win out. They beat the Redskins 32-27 in Week 1 of the season. The Eagles have won 13 of their last 19 games on the road in Washington.
- Points per Game: 22.85
- Passing Yards: 229.46
- Rushing Yards: 118.69
- Yards per Play: 5.10
- Points per Game: 23.15
- Passing Yards: 237.08
- Rushing Yards: 89.62
- Yards per Play: 5.42
Why bet on the Washington Redskins?
After a nice little run that saw them win back to back games against the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers, the Redskins came crashing back to earth with a loss to the Green Bay Packers in Week 14. That loss saw the Redskins drop to 3-10 on the season, which has them down near the bottom of the pack, albeit up near the top picks in the upcoming draft.
Home field has not proven to be much of an advantage for the Redskins, as they are just 1-9 SU in their last 10 games in their own building. They have been a bit of a better bet against the spread, though, going 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall. That said, they are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 versus division foes.
- Points per Game: 14.46
- Passing Yards: 161.08
- Rushing Yards: 101.08
- Yards per Play: 4.81
- Points per Game: 23.85
- Passing Yards: 225.00
- Rushing Yards: 134.85
- Yards per Play: 5.41
Eagles vs Redskins NFL Betting Trends
- Redskins are 1-9 SU in their last 10 games at home
- Redskins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Washington’s last 11 games played in December
- Eagles are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games against Washington
- Eagles are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games on the road
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Eagles vs Redskins
The win over the Giants on Monday night was a sloppy one for the Eagles, but it may be the boost they needed to carry them through the final few weeks of the season and into the playoffs. I think they come up with another win here.
Score: Philadelphia Eagles 27 – Washington Redskins 13
More Week 15 NFL Betting News
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Week Fifteen DFS Picks (Ep. 641)
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 15 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- NFL Week 15 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Jaguars Cover the Huge Week 15 NFL Spread Against Texans?
Even More Eagles vs Redskins Archived Betting Articles
- Washington at Philadelphia Eagles Opening Spreads and Betting Trends January 3, 2021
- NFC East News & Odds: Will Division Champion Have Winning Record?
- Eagles 17 vs Washington 27 Result NFL Week 1 Score
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Football Team Line and Betting Trends September 13, 2020
- NFL NFC East Divisional Odds After Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- NFC East Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- Eagles 37 vs Redskins 27 Result NFL Week 15 Score
- Eagles vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Redskins vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 1 Odds & Expert Analysis
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Eagles vs Redskins NFL Week 17 Odds & Game Info
- Redskins vs Eagles NFL Week 13 Spread & Pick for Monday Night
- 2018 NFC East NFL Odds & Picks