We are still relatively early in the new NBA season, and as fortunes change for every team, so do the weekly NBA Power Rankings. We are 7 weeks into the season and beginning to see some teams prove why they are among the favorites to win it all this season. On the flipside, we are seeing some of the better teams struggle a little, but whether that is a slow start, or a sign of a bigger problem remains to be seen. What you will see from this week’s rankings is that there is no change in the top 3, but there is some movement beyond there. Let’s get right into it so you can continue betting against the NBA odds.
2021 NBA Betting Update: Power Rankings Update for Week 7
1. Golden State Warriors – The Warriors maintain their top spot in the NBA Power Rankings with an 18-2 record on the season. They are on a run now that has seen them win 7 in a row and 9 of their last 10 games.
2. Phoenix Suns – Last season’s beaten finalists are proving that their run to the finals in 2020 was not some flash in the pan. After starting the season 1-2, the Suns have reeled off 16 straight wins and are hot on the heels of the Warriors in the West.
3. Brooklyn Nets – The standings in the Eastern Conference are about as tight as it gets, with just 2 games separating #1 through #6. It is the Nets who have the top spot in the East right now after winning 7 of their last 10.
4. Milwaukee Bucks – This time last week, the Milwaukee Bucks were sitting at #9 in the rankings, but they are on a run that is moving them upwards rather quickly. The Bucks have now won 7 in a row and are well within reach of the top spot in the East.
5. Miami Heat – In a tightly packed battle atop the Eastern Conference, the Heat are sitting in 2nd, which is enough to break them into the top 5 this week. They closed out last week with a loss, but they are still 7-3 in their last 10.
26. San Antonio Spurs – The bottom 5 is a good deal easier to rank than the top, as these teams are just losing at a ridiculous rate. The Spurs did close out last week’s action with a win, but they have just 3 wins in their last 10.
27. Detroit Pistons – The Pistons made headlines for all the wrong reasons last weekend after an on-court scuffle with Isaiah Stewart and LeBron James ended in suspensions for both players. The Pistons sit at 4-16 on the season.
28. New Orleans Pelicans – There are no teams getting excited about going 4-6 in their last 10 games, but for the Pelicans, that is a sign of progress. That is the run they are on right now and it was good enough to move them up one spot this week.
29. Orlando Magic – With the Pelicans moving up, someone has to drop, and that team would be the Orlando Magic. They delivered another winless set of games last week to take their losing streak to 6 in a row.
30. Houston Rockets – We had the Rockets picked to be at the bottom for the remainder of the season, but maybe they are about to go out and prove us wrong. The Rockets come into the new week on a modest 2-game win streak.