After Week 11 came to a close, most of us were probably of the belief that the Pittsburgh Steelers were a lock to be in the top 5 for the rest of the season. Since then, though, the Steelers have lost 3 in a row and have now fallen out of the top 5 in the power rankings. How far they will fall remains to be seen, as they have a pair of very tough games to close out their regular season. There were some big changes in the rankings after Week 15, so let’s take a look at the top and bottom 5 in the NFL Power Rankings.
Power Rankings Following Week 15 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season
- Kansas City Chiefs – This coming week could be a pivotal one for the Chiefs, as they have a shot at clinching the #1 seed and getting the bye in the opening round. The Chiefs are 15-1, but their victories have not all been entirely convincing.
- Buffalo Bills – It has taken some people a lot of time to come around to the fact that the Buffalo Bills are for real. They are rolling right now and can clinch the #2 seed in the AFC with a win this weekend. They have gone from dark horse to legitimate contender.
- Green Bay Packers – The Packers won again last weekend, but it was not a great performance in a 24-16 win over the Carolina Panthers. That has dropped the Packers a spot this week, but they are still in control of their own destiny in the NFC.
- New Orleans Saints – Drew Brees returned to the lineup in Week 15, but for large portions of the game it looked as though the Saints had brought him back to soon. That said, the Saints almost pulled out the win over the Chiefs, so this team should be fine.
- Baltimore Ravens – After a poor run of form, the Ravens have once again come to life. They have now win 3 in a row, but they are also sitting below the playoff line. This is not a team that anyone wants to face if they get in.
- Houston Texans – Over the last couple of weeks, the Houston Texans have found stunning new ways to lose. It has been that kind of season for this team, which is all the more frustrating when you consider that they have one of the most exciting QB’s in the league.
- Detroit Lions – It is going to be interesting to see what the front office does this offseason. Question marks linger over the future of Matthew Stafford in Detroit, but the reality is that the Lions need to fix their defense before they do anything else.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Just as we resigned ourselves to the fact that the Bengals were going to continue to lose the rest of the way, they turn around and get a win over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday night.
- New York Jets – You cannot talk about surprising wins without talking about the New York Jets taking down the LA Rams in Week 15. I’ll be the first to admit that I did not see that coming, as this looked every part an 0-16 team.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – With the Jets win this past weekend, the Jacksonville Jaguars are now on track to make the first pick in the NFL Draft. Do you really expect them to come out and try to lose that opportunity?
NFL Betting News
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans MNF | NFL Week 6 Preview and Odds
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis