Big Ben Roethlisberger plays in his final home game on Monday night when the Pittsburgh Steelers host the Cleveland Browns. Even if Pittsburgh somehow makes the playoffs, Big Ben and the Steelers wouldn’t host a game. Roethlisberger hopes that his final appearance at Heinz Field is a winning one. Will Big Ben lead the Steelers to victory? Or will Cleveland do enough to keep their ultra-slim playoff hopes alive? See below for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Browns versus Steelers.
NFL Betting Preview for Cleveland Browns vs Pittsburgh Steelers
NFL Week 17 Betting | Browns at Pittsburgh Game Odds & Info
- When: Monday, Jan. 3 at 8:15 pm ET
- Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
- TV / Streaming: ESPN / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Cleveland -3
- Moneyline Odds: Cleveland -180 / Pittsburgh +150
- Over/Under Odds: 41
Why bet on Cleveland versus Pittsburgh?
Cleveland sends one of the top rushing attacks in the NFL to the field. The Browns run for an average of 144.9 yards per game. Nick Chubb and the offensive line are as good as it gets in the NFL. Not only that, but Pittsburgh allows an average of 142.7 rushing yards each contest. The Browns should capitalize by controlling the clock and ending long drives with touchdowns.
Cleveland Browns Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 345.5
- Passing Yards: 200.7
- Rushing Yards: 144.9
- Points Scored: 20.9
- Turnovers: 18
Cleveland Browns Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 321.0
- Passing Yards: 215.1
- Rushing Yards: 105.9
- Points Scored: 21.9
- Takeaways: 17
Why bet on Pittsburgh versus Cleveland?
The 7-7-1 Steelers have yet to be eliminated from the playoffs. So in addition to the motivation surrounding Big Ben’s final home game in a Steelers’ uniform, Pittsburgh is also motivated to win out and grab a possible playoff spot. There’s a good chance all playoff seeds won’t be decided until Week 18, which means the Steelers have to win this game to keep their hopes alive.
Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 316.5
- Passing Yards: 228.9
- Rushing Yards: 87.6
- Points Scored: 20.1
- Turnovers: 18
Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 368.4
- Passing Yards: 225.7
- Rushing Yards: 142.7
- Points Scored: 24.7
- Takeaways: 16
Browns vs. Steelers Relevant Trends
- Browns are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 on the road versus a team with a losing home record
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings
- Under is 5-1 in the Browns’ last 6 on grass
- Steelers are 0-6 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Monday night games
- Under is 4-1 in the Steelers’ last 5 games as an underdog
Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers Final Betting Prediction
Pittsburgh should be the more motivated team. Not only is Roethlisberger playing at home for the final time, but the Steelers have an easier path to the playoffs than the Cleveland Browns.
A lot of things must happen for the Browns to make the postseason. But although Cleveland doesn’t appear to have as much to play for, the Browns should have a fantastic game versus Pittsburgh’s defense.
Nick Chubb was terrific in the NFL Week 16 loss to the Packers. Chubb ran for 126 yards and a TD. On Monday night, he could have an even better game versus Pittsburgh. The Steelers are terrible at stopping the rush.
Chubb could run for at least 150 versus a Steelers’ D that doesn’t know how to contain opposing team’s running backs. If Pittsburgh decides to put an eighth man in the box, Baker Mayfield should have a decent day throwing the pigskin to Jarvis Landry, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Rashard Higgins.
Ben will do what he can to keep the Steelers in this game. Unfortunately, all signs point to a Cleveland victory. Unless Baker throws multiple interceptions for a second straight game, the Browns win and cover.
NFL Week 17 Pick: Cleveland Browns
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest