We are two weeks into the new NFL season already, and while there is still a long way to go, it is quickly becoming clear that there is a bit of a gulf between the teams at the top and those struggling in the early going. Each week, NFL.com comes up with a power ranking for all 32 teams. Some will rise and others will fall in the coming weeks, but for now let’s look at the top 5 and the bottom 5 after the first 2 weeks of the season so you can keep betting against their NFL odds.
Power Rankings Following Week 2 of the 2020 NFL Season
The Top 5
- Baltimore Ravens – The team that finished last season with the best record in the NFL is once again off to a flying start. They are 2-0 and their offense is once again firing on all cylinders both through the air and on the ground. The Ravens look like the team to beat this season.
- Kansas City Chiefs – The defending Super Bowl Champions dropped out of the top spot after delivering a poor performance against the LA Chargers in Week 2. The champs needed a 58-yard FG in OT to secure the win in that one. They will face the Ravens this coming Monday night with a chance to get back on top.
- Green Bay Packers – After a dominating performance in Week 1, the Packers struggled in the early going against the Detroit Lions before turning up the heat and winning in comfortable fashion. It’s early, but Aaron Rodgers is already posting MVP type numbers.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Big Ben is back, as is the swagger of the Steelers, who move up from #7 to #4 after downing the Denver Broncos in Week 2. It is their defense, which has now registered sacks in 59 straight games, that is the scariest part of this ream.
- Seattle Seahawks – The Seattle Seahawks escaped with a win over the New England Patriots in what was the best game of Week 2, but this team is emerging as a force in the NFC. Russell Wilson may well be playing the best football of his career through the opening 2 weeks.
The Bottom 5
- Carolina Panthers – With this team in rebuild mode, we expected the Panthers to struggle, which they have, dropping to 0-2. They have also lost Christian McCaffrey to injury for at least a month, so they may yet drop further.
- Detroit Lions – Being a fan of the Lions must be a truly exhausting experience, as this team has been in position to win in so many games over the last couple of seasons, only to fall apart in the 4th quarter. They have done it in both games this season to fall to 0-2.
- Miami Dolphins – This is another team that is rebuilding, but who spent some money in putting together a defense this offseason. That investment is not yet paying off. The question now is how long it will be before Tua Tagovailoa get the start under center.
- New York Giants – Getting off to an 0-2 start is bad enough, but losing your most potent offensive weapon for the season makes things a million times worse. The Giants are going to need to go the rest of the way without Saquon Barkley, so expect a long season.
- New York Jets – If fans were allowed in stadiums right now, you have to wonder if anyone would show up to watch the Jets. It is impossible to find anything positive to say about this team after the opening 2 weeks.
NFL Betting News
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks