National Football League teams open training camp in July, which means it’s time for football handicappers to start thinking about the gridiron. Right now, MyBookie is offering great NFL future props on everything from Coach of the Year to the Super Bowl. Check out NFL Specials Props and analysis on one of those NFL props, Comeback Player of the Year.
NFL Comeback Player of the Year Betting Analysis Update
2021-22 NFL Season
- When: Sep. 9, 2021 – Jan. 9, 2022
NFL Comeback Player of the Year Odds
- Dak Prescott – Dallas Cowboys +170
- Saquon Barkley – New York Giants +550
- Christian McCaffrey – Carolina Panthers +600
- Joe Burrow – Cincinnati Bengals +600
- Nick Bosa – San Francisco Giants +800
- Carson Wentz – Indianapolis Colts +900
- Derwin James – Los Angeles Chargers +1500
- Sam Darnold – Carolina Panthers +1500
- Von Miller – Denver Broncos +1500
- Julio Jones – Tennessee Titans +1800
- Jameis Winston – New Orleans Saints +2000
- Jimmy Garoppolo – San Francisco 49ers +2000
- Joe Mixon – Cincinnati Bengals +2200
- Odell Beckham Jr. – Cleveland Browns +2500
- Tim Tebow – Jacksonville Jaguars +3000
- Danielle Hunter – Minnesota Vikings +4000
Do the odds on favorite Dak Prescott to win Comeback Player of the Year make the Cowboys signal-caller an overlay or underlay?
The odds are above even money. So whether the odds are an overlay or underlay depends on how you feel about the Dallas Cowboys this season.
Before getting hurt last season, Prescott had dominated. The Boys lost games in 2020 due to their defense, not their offense. Then again, there’s no telling if Dallas’ defense can pick it up. No doubt, coach Mike McCarthy will have Prescott throwing it all over the field this season.
If Prescott ends up leading the Cowboys to an NFC East Division title and the second-seed in the playoffs, there’s a good chance he bags Comeback Player of the Year. If you believe the Boys underperform and don’t make the playoffs, there are better options on the board.
Which player, or players, offer overlay odds among Bosa, Wentz, Barkley, Burrow, and McCaffrey?
Barkley and McCaffrey have a shot but neither may get enough carries or looks in the passing attack to win the hardware. McCaffrey should benefit big time with Sam Darnold at quarterback. By benefiting, that means McCaffrey mustn’t carry the load in every way imaginable.
Saquon Barkley must prove he is one-hundred percent back from a tough injury. He’s good enough to win Comeback Player of the Year, but the Giants don’t seem to be as good of a team as the Carolina Panthers. Then again, NYG plays in a worse division.
If you love McCaffrey or Barkley, the odds are fair. But if you want to take a shot on an overlay player, you can’t go wrong with either Bosa or Burrow.
Nick Bosa steps onto the field with a team some believe can win the Super Bowl. Burrow should come back strong.
The Bengals drafted a legit WR1 in Ja’Marr Chase. Cincy also added former Minnesota Viking Riley Reiff to the offensive line. If the Bengals can protect Burrow, and Burrow and Chase click like they did at LSU, the Bengals’ QB could have a monster season.
Who are the top choices offering odds of +1500 to +2000 who can win NFL Comeback Player of the Year?
Broncos’ QB Von Miller has a big shot, but the top choice is Jameis Winston. In 2019, starting for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Winston threw 30 touchdowns and led the league in passing yards. Jameis also threw 30 interceptions
If Sean Payton can get Winston to cut down on the picks, Winston could dominate. He has the ability to throw for over 4,000 yards and close to 30 TDs. That makes Jameis an overlay at +2000.
Does Joe Mixon, Odell Beckham Jr., Tim Tebow, or Danielle Hunter have a shot to win NFL CPOTY?
All of them do, but all come with an asterisk. Odell plays with the top rushing attack in the NFL. There’s no reason to lean on Beckham Jr. in Cleveland.
Tim Tebow hasn’t played football for two years. Who knows if he will be an effective tight-end. Joe Mixon is a good running back but he’s on the same team as Joe Burrow and Ja’Marr Chase. He may not get enough carries to win Comeback Player of the Year.
Danielle Hunter is a great defensive end. But there are more popular options on the board, including Nick Bosa, another DE. Hunter could get lost.
If you must back an underdog at big odds, though, Hunter and Tebow look like the best plays. If Tebow become a tight-end star, he could win the award. If Hunter leads the league in sacks, he too could grab the award. They’re both longshots to win, but they’re better plays than either Beckham Jr. or Mixon.
NFL Betting News
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans MNF | NFL Week 6 Preview and Odds
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis