With each team in the NBA having played roughly 10 games, it is a little early in the season to be talking about potential championship favorites. After all, we are seeing some of the preseason favorites get off to sluggish starts and would be surprised if they were all still struggling a month or so from now. We have said in the past, regardless of the sport, that the cream always seems to find a way to rise to the top. Still, it’s fun to take a look at the NBA Power Rankings each week to see how things look. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the top and bottom 5 teams right now after week 3 so you can continue placing your bets against the NBA odds.
NBA 2021 Season Betting: Power Rankings Update for Week 4
- Miami Heat – The Heat ended last week with a 7-2 record, which is good enough to have them sitting 2nd in the Eastern Conference. The games that the Heat have lost were of the brutal variety, but the fact that they were able to shrug those off and keep winning is the sign of a resilient team.
- Golden State Warriors – The Warriors have admittedly had an easier schedule than most to start the season, but you can only play what’s in front of you. They are at 8-1 on the season and came close to being perfect, with their sole loss coming in OT.
- Brooklyn Nets – In the early going, it looked as though the whole Kyrie Irving situation was going to be a distraction, but the Nets now appeared to have hit their stride. They start the new week on a 5-game winning streak that took them to 7-3 on the season.
- Philadelphia 76ers – There are going to be some who feel that this ranking is a little unfair when you consider that the 76ers lead the East with an 8-2 record. They are also playing through early season injuries, proving that this team might be very dangerous when healthy.
- Utah Jazz – The Jazz might well have been higher up in the rankings were it not for the fact that they closed out last week with back-to-back losses. Still, at 7-3, you feel that those defeats are little more than a blip on the radar.
- Orlando Magic – The Magic moved up a couple of spots from their #28 position last week, but with a 3-8 record, there is not a lot of celebrating going on right now. Still, their win over the Jazz last time out was a good one.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – This is another team moving up a bit, as the Thunder were actually dead last in the rankings this time last week. They have won 2 in a row to get to 3-6 on the season, but they have a tough schedule ahead of them this week.
- Detroit Pistons – With teams moving up in the rankings, we see others fall. The Pistons dropped a couple of spots this week and have just 1 win in their opening 9 games. They are now on a 4-game losing skid.
- New Orleans Pelicans – The bottom two teams in the NBA Power Rankings are battling it out for the bottom spot in the Western Conference. The Pelicans come into the new week at 1-9 and are mired in a 6-game losing streak.
- Houston Rockets – We all expected the Rockets to be bad this season, and to this point, they are exactly as advertised. The Rockets are 1-9 through their opening 10 games and are losers of 8 in a row.